Matte Black Rust Paint, Aerosol
Rust can be a huge problem in various construction, commercial, industrial, and farming setting. Rust paint aerosol is a highly effective coating that treats and applies directly over rust. It also prevents further rust from occurring. It achieves this by creating a protective layer that keeps out corrosive substances such as salt, water, and other chemicals that cause rust.
To use rust paint aerosol, start by getting rid of any loose dirt on the surface and using a water-based degreasing agent to clean the surface. Afterward, apply rust paint aerosol to treat and apply directly over rust on the surface. AOR-14 is UV resistant - no topcoat is needed. With AOR-14, rust can be permanently stopped and will prevent future rust!
This non-porous attribute, along with rust paint aerosol's molecular composition, provides the surface with an anti-corrosive coating. It’s an all-in-one solution that does not require any top coating. Rust paint aerosol is highly versatile and can be used on any metal surface. It’s highly durable, able to withstand temperatures of up to 300°F and up to 1,000 hours of corrosion.
Applications of Rust Paint Aerosol
Rust paint aerosol has a wide variety of applications, including construction, industrial, marine commercial, and farming. The following are examples of surfaces on which you can use rust paint aerosol.
- Marine – bilges, decks, steam pipes, hulls, masts, chain lockers
- Industrial – truck components, heavy equipment, fuel storage, trailers, steel forms, rebar, storm grates, concrete, wastewater management, transformers
- Automotive – doors, chassis, suspension, trunk areas, floors, engines & fuel tanks
- Home – seal cracks in foundations and basements, roofs, garage floors, beams, home appliances, HVAC pipes
- Fiberglass – can help seal and repair fiberglass.
Effective Rust Treatment and Prevention
Rust paint aerosol is a highly effective rust treatment and preventive solution. It is applicable in any setting, whether at home or in a commercial or industrial setting. Using rust paint aerosol to remove or prevent rust on your surface can help you protect the health of your household or employees. It can also help you make considerable savings by extending the life of equipment and utilities that feature metal surfaces that are susceptible to rust.
Preparation and Application Instructions:
- Use a wire brush to remove loose rust, grease, and paint, make sure the surface is free of debris.
- If necessary use a mild solvent to remove greases and oils that could affect adhesion.
- Shake can for at least 2 minutes.
- Apply AGS Rust Paint 10” to 12" from the surface, apply in aside to side motion to achieve even coverage.
- Single coats dry to the touch in 20 minutes and are thoroughly dry in 3-4 hours at 68°F.
- For greater durability, a second coat can be applied one hour after the first. Allow 8-12 hours for a full cure after the last coat.